Tuesday, November 20, 2007

In A Perfect Kids World

I wish the world was as simple as kids see it. Tonight on our way home the kids were telling me the ideal places that they would like to see me work. Here is the short list:
  • The Sweet Factory
  • Baja Fresh
  • 7-11
  • Target
  • Krispy Kreme
When you look at the list you can see that their motivation for my employment at these places isn't the income potential but the perks. Free candy, donuts, Slurpees, toys, etc.

It would be nice if it were that simple. No need to worry about income levels, medical/dental & retirement benefits, or suitable hours just what you can get for free. I imagine heaven like this. The jobs or work we will do will suit us. It will be the perfect job, one that gives us great pleasure to do. Yes, people I do think we will work in heaven and it will be glorious. We will work for the King and maybe sometimes work with Him. We will have smiles on our faces and dirt on our hands and each day we will have a Slurpee to celebrate the work that was done. We will look forward to working and be greatly rewarded when the work is done.

Kids see things better than adults do sometimes. It pays to listen to them and dream like them. I just wish their reality was ours sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment