Saturday, March 21, 2009

Stair Jumping

There is a new sport in the house, it is called Stair Jumping. One night this past week when I came in the door I was immediately warned by Kathi about the mess in the stairwell. The kids on the other hand were excited to show me their new activity. They had stacked all of the blankets and pillows they could get their hands on in the landing of the upper stairs. They proceeded to show me how they jump from the top of the stairs into the cushy pile at the bottom.
Brianna's big jump.

Alex's cannon ball.

As a kid I remember doing things like this. Our house in Novato, CA had a long continuous stairway that we would slide down all the time. The house in Tigard had a stairway like we have which is split in two steps. There we would climb through the railings and jump down all of the time.

This just goes to show that kids will create and invent on their own using what is available for fun.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 things I did that are similar as a kid:

1) I would ride a small mattress down the stairs.

2) We had a "big pillow" that I also would jump down on.

One Crazy Mama said...

Looks like a blast! I remember sliding down the stairs in a sleeping bag as a kid.

Post a Comment