Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Away

Thanks to my mom and dad for a nice weekend at the coast.

We stayed in Gleneden which is just south of Lincoln Beach. The beach was calm and peaceful, the condo was just the right size, and the company was perfect. Just the four of us for the weekend.
This is the view from the deck. You can see the beach if you lean out and turn your head to the right.
Here's my favorite picture of Brianna from the weekend.
and my favorite of Alex. I had him stand at the water's edge for a pic and I got him just as the wave did.
We took a hike up to a falls which included a trek across this cool suspension bridge in the middle of nowhere. We had to drive 12 miles up a narrow logging road just to get to the trail head. I'd say everyone was a good sport but one of us didn't like the suspension bridge and made a stink about it. Miles from nowhere we even ran into an old friend on the trail - it was good to see you Sam.
The falls. You actually stand on the suspension bridge to see it.
The kids favorite part was the pool and hot tub.
Of course there was some Catan to be played. Brianna won.

The weekend ended with a visit from my brother Kevin at my sister Mo's house. We had a yummy dinner and talked and laughed. Good times.

Today started at 3am with a monster headache and as I sit and type right now it still lingers. Nothing I've taken or done has helped. Tomorrow's a new day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've been on that hike, it was a favorite for sure!
Karen

Post a Comment