Saturday, March 08, 2008

Tribute

Sometimes being a dad helps me appreciate my dad even more.

Yesterday my dad celebrated his sixty *cough* birthday and is in his forty forth year as a dad.

Thank you dad for all the years of turning lights off after us.

Thank you dad for attempting to regulate our TV watching time.

Thank you dad for toting us around the country to sleep in tents instead of hotel rooms.

Thank you dad for working long hard days.

Thank you dad for taking us to church every Sunday.

Thank you dad for showing us how much you loved mom.

Thank you dad for not buying a car every two years.

Thank you dad for teaching me to ride a bike.

Thank you dad for for making us read the bible around the Sunday dinner table.

Thank you dad for taking us to your moms house.

Thank you dad for bringing home refrigerator boxes.

Thank you dad for changing your own oil.

Thank you dad for letting mom stay home with us.

Thank you dad for bring us gifts after your business trips.

and thank you dad for being a great Papa to my kids.

The older I get the more I see you in me and it makes me proud.

Love, your number one son.

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Such a nice tribute to your Dad, who's such a great guy!

lin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment