Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Mouse War

Okay it really wasn't a war.  

Tonight Alex comes running down the stairs to let me know that two of the neighbor kids just kicked a dead mouse up on our porch.  I waited a few minutes and then went to verify the mouse attack.  It was true.  Hey! NO ONE throws a dead mouse on my porch and gets away with it.

I got a piece of paper out of the recycle bin, went out to the carcass, and scooped it up with the intention of paying the kids a visit with their discarded friend.  A small hoard of them were gathered on a neighboring lawn.  Eyes widened as I approached with the stiff.  The two instigators were cool customers.  

I asked them if they wanted it back and the two looked as if they had no idea what I was talking about.  One of the girls who is a friend of my daughters pointed out one of the boys I already knew was involved.  So I tossed the mouse carcass onto the lawn next to him and said to him that I didn't want it back.

When I got back in the house I went to put the boy to bed.  After I kissed him good night he said, "Dad, when you threw the mouse at them it was really cool."  Glad I could impress my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment