Saturday, November 07, 2009

Movie Top Ten - Actress in a Leading Role


A short time ago I posted my top ten favorite male actors.  I had fun choosing the photos for that list.  This list is of my top ten favorite leading ladies.  The photos were harder to choose.  I did all black and white for the men and was going to do all color photos for the ladies but failed.  There were a couple black and whites of the ladies I could not resist.


Here's the ladies.

Amy Adams - I first remember seeing her in Enchanted and thought she was perfect in that role. Recently we saw her in Julie & Julia and she was perfect. She gets bonus points for being a redhead.


Angelina Jolie - Okay maybe she's not on the list for her acting abilities although I did love her in Mr. and Mrs. Smith.


Ellen Page - Two movies; Juno and Hard Candy. I look forward to seeing this young lady more.


Emma Thompson - Can this lady do wrong? I don't think so. There is too much good to list so I'll mention a couple I just loved. In Stranger Than Fiction you could feel her neuroticism oozing off the screen. She brought Prof. Trelawney to life. In Nanny McPhee it was visually amazing to watch her transformation.


Jamie Lee Curtis - There is just something about this lady I just like but can't put my finger on it. A Fish Called Wanda = Brilliant!


Joan Cusack - Although she's rarely the leading lady, I just love it when she's in a movie. Grosse Pointe Blank is a favorite.


Madeline Kahn - Two movies put her on the list; Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles.


Maryl Streep - What's to say about the queen of the screen? She's amazing. She pulls of leading lady, bitch, tough chick, lover, tender-heart, monster, and comedienne like no other.


Queen Latifa - Despite Taxi I put her on the list. I loved her in Chicago and I think she is just beautiful.


Sigourney Weaver - Put a gun in this ladies hands and there is no stopping her. What guy didn't love her in Aliens?

2 comments:

Kathi said...

I think I would add Helena Bonham Carter. She's quirky and nutty.

Brian said...

That's a good add Kathi.

Post a Comment