Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Uh, I forgot something

This morning as I was putting my bag into the locker at the gym I noticed it was a little light. You see, each morning I hit the gym on my way to work so there are essentials that I need. Each night before bed I pack my clothes for the work day and all my personals needed for a good shower after the workout. It is just part of the nightly ritual before bed. First I set the coffee pot for a full brew on a timer that is set for 4:25am, I pack my clothes, and then I layout my workout clothes. That is the ritual. 4:30am alarms come around quick and you've got to be prepared.

Last night I missed a vital step in this ritual. I forgot towels. Both. The sweat towel and the shower towel.

Upon noticing my missing items I had a critical decision to make - go home and forget the workout or plug on and deal without. I chose the latter.

Fortunately the gym provides paper towels and spray to wipe machines down after you sweat all over them. Unfortunately they do not provide paper towels in the locker room.

After the workout I showered and squeegied myself off the best I could, got dressed, and left. Nobody said a word. I acted like it was just a normal happening and rolled with it.

By the time I got to work I was dry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and just think, if you were riding the bike, you would have been dried off even faster!

Post a Comment