Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Welcome

Until today I've never been in a Whole Foods grocery store.  Living in the Portland area that probably puts me in the minority.  Alex and I were out and about when I got the call from Kathi asking me to pick up some leeks while I was out.  Whole Foods was right down the road and I thought who better to have leeks than a place called Whole Foods.

We park and walk to the entrance when about ten feet from the entrance I felt something hard hit my head. I look up and around but see nothing and nobody but Alex.  Then I look at my shoulder which is covered in green grasslike clumps.  It was then I realized that I was pooped on.  I could then hear the geese flying above sqauking "welcome to Whole Foods sucker!"

We continued into the store and Alex asked what happened so I told him a bird crapped on me.  He of course laughed and a lady who overheard smiled at me and said "that's nature in all it's glory."  Yep, forty two and a half years living on God's green earth and nature finally hits its target.

1 comment:

Post a Comment