Tuesday, July 26, 2011

NASCAR!

I've seen NASCAR on TV for years and have always wanted to see it live. This past Sunday I got that opportunity. Our company sponsored a car in the Pro-Series this year so when NASCAR came to Portland I got to go. Alex and I had pit passes so we got an up close and personal look at the cars, pits and people that make these races happen.

The sights, sounds and smells were all that I expected them to be. Even though this series is kind of the minor leagues of NASCAR it was still impressive. This also provided a great venue for some picture taking. Here's a few of my favorites.


Here's Alex in front of the track at our seats.

This is one of my favorite shots I've taken of all time!

One of the NASCAR ladies. All of the ladies holding the umbrellas for the drivers to keep them out of the sun were dressed in a 50's bombshell style. I think the tattoos just added to their cuteness.

Here is our car! We got the hood for this race.

Andrew Ranger is the driver of the 35 car. He had the lead for a while at the end of the race but blew his engine with a few short laps to go.

It was a beautiful summer day at the track.

2 comments:

Krista said...

EEK!!!!! This is so killer!!!! I am super jealous. What a great day for both you boys :) You took some awesome pictures and I love the one of the car with fire coming out and the girls holding there umbrellas too cute!

Brian said...

Krista, you would have loved it. The girls that held the umbrellas for the drivers were all dressed in a 50's Pin Up style - darling ladies.

Post a Comment