Saturday, December 17, 2005

Brian Time

Every other year we go to Illinois to visit my in-laws for Christmas. This is one of those years.

This year my wife and kids went a week earlier than me which gives me a week to goof off. I still have to work but the rest of the time is "Brian Time".

"Brian Time" consists of sleeping in, eating what I want, listening to music at full volume, and watching movies. Nice. Like now for instance I have Demon Hunter's "The Triptych" playing (Mom, don't look them up... just know that to you it is just noise). It is one of my guilty pleasure bands that most would think I'm too old for.

This year I planned ahead and stopped renting every movie once it came out. In essence, I stocked up. Last night was "The Fantastic Four" and "The Dukes of Hazzard". Both as good or as bad as you would guess. I'm not reviewing them at this time. Tonight is "The Island" and "Mr. & Mrs. Smith". Let's just say I hope both are better than the former two. I have more hopes on Branjolina.

Speaking of Branjolina... I can't stand that I just uses that nomenclature. It is the new media fad to combine the names of celebs when they are together. Imagine the media in the fifties putting names together... Frava, Natbert, Richabeth.

Later. Lasagna is almost ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment