Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Nice Weekend

This post is a little late...

This past weekend Alex and I went north to visit my sister and her family before their move east. We had a great time (with the exception of a major allergy attack on Saturday).

I have to share a quick story. The weekend started off with a two hour car ride in which Alex asked the first of many awkward questions: "Daddy, sometimes mommy puts this white thing in her under pants... what is it?" Oh boy! Her we go. With the DVD player in his lap with the Power Rangers prepared for action I could have easily distracted him away from that thought process, but no, I answered. I have to say I think I did pretty good with a rated "G" answer that bought me a couple years until the "PG" answer will be required.

"That is a good question, buddy" Stall, stall... "Sometimes ladies bodies have to clean them selves out...etc. (insert a little more "G" rated elaboration here)" Him, Ha "and that is just to make sure that it keeps mommy clean." Wait for the follow up question... and... none. Phew.

Time for the Power Rangers to do their thing. Of which, I got the play by play for the next hour while the Rangers kicked some Dino-booty. You know that they don't actually hit the bad guys. My son assures me that their punches are so hard that they only have to get close.

The rest of the weekend was filled with fun with the family. We hit a little shopping in Seattle, a visit to a couple Harley dealerships, some beers and cigars, and some shooting at the indoor range to try out my bro-in-laws new H&K P2000. Nice. Real nice.

Guys, thanks for the fun weekend. We'll miss having you close. We wish you the best in the flatlands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time too! We'll have plenty of room for when you come for a visit!!!

Post a Comment