Monday, July 03, 2006

The Ringer

Sometimes I jump to conclusions too soon. As was the case with the movie "The Ringer" starring Johnny Knoxville of Jackass fame and produces by the Farrelly brothers. When this movie came out I was shocked to think that Hollywood would allow a movie to be made that poked fun at mental retardation or the Special Olympics. I was wrong.

At the advice of our friend Missy, my wife and I sat down last night and watched this movie. It is funny and endearing. Kudo's to Mr. Knoxville and the Farrelly bros. on this one. By no means was it a great movie or a blockbuster, but it was good, worth the rent.

I am not going to write a lengthy review, for one I never do, but I am going to say it is a decent movie to rent. And if you rent it be sure to watch the featurettes on the making of the movie and the Special Olympics. It looks like the cast had a great time making the movie.

Guess how many fingers I have...

No comments:

Post a Comment