Monday, July 24, 2006

Somebody Turn on the AC

Man it is hot! I'm melting faster than a 50 year old lady at a Clay Aiken concert.

I am not a big fan of the heat. I live in Oregon for a reason. One reason is it's beauty, the other is the weather. I know it gets hot once in a while but come on. We had three three digit days in a row. Yuck! We've got parts of town without power because the transformers are overheating and exploding. Serious... that's hot.

By the way, not for self promotion, but Friday was my birthday (38 if you must know - and a birthday secret for all you Oregonians... Dutch Bros. has free coffee all day for you on your special day). I tell you this because in my history of being an Oregonian my birthday is always the hottest day of the year. So far this year it holds true. 108 red hot degrees. "How hot?" "Red hot." "Too hot." ~ nice, huh, Kev. Saturday I don't care what the temperature was because I was at my folks house and they have AC. My brother lives next door to my parents and he has a pool. Real nice. So the temperature on Saturday was of no consequence. Sunday was 105°. Sucks.

This week is supposed to be in the 90's. Blah. And if you live in Arizona, Illinois, or some hellish place like that don't tell me about the heat... I've never seen a house or a car out there without AC. And you choose to live there. Which is still a mystery to me.

I pray for mercy. God, please crank up the air. 72° is perfect. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, man. I'm SICK of the heat wave. When does it start raining again? You read my mind about living in Oregon. It's not supposed to be this bloody hot here.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are suffering!! The AC is a plus...but remember that the electricity actually has to be working for it to be effective. Love you and hang in there!!

Post a Comment