Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What's The Deal?

Last night I was watching 24, one of the best shows ever on TV. I was enjoying it. Loving it. If you are ever wondering at 9 o'clock on Monday night "I wonder what Brian's doing?" Wonder no longer. I am watching 24.

During my bliss I am occasionally interrupted by pesky commercials. This is where you TIVO people chime in. I know, I know. These breaks in Bauer-bliss cause my thumb to twitch and I end up surfing for two minutes. Every time I get to Deal Or No Deal I just pause, dumb-founded, deer in the headlights, staring at it. I don't get it. I've tried. What is the point. My five year old could do that show. I can see it now - Howie standing to the side of Alex telling him that the Banker has made an offer. Kathi and I are twenty feet away wringing our hands with college tuition excitement. What's it gunna be? $86,000 is the offer. Alex stands perplexed not fully understanding the implications of 86 G's. We shout over to him, "No Deal". The remaining amounts are huge. Etc. Etc. Alex pushes over the button cover and the crowd goes wild. ALEX, ALEX, ALEX.

Yippedy-do-dah-day. That is an hour of my life I'll never get back.

Can somebody 'splain this to me? Is there a Deal-maniac who can sum up the show? I think I'd rather watch Dancing With the Stars, at least there is some skill or talent involved.

4 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

That show drives me crazy!

Missy said...

I just can't get past Howie's bald head.

Paulos said...

I've never seen it ever

Anonymous said...

Do you remember Lets Make a Deal...similar except you don't dress up in a cooky costume. No talent or skill involved, just DEAL or NO DEAL and jump around a lot. I prefer...1 vs. 100.

Post a Comment