Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Fighting Weight

For the past 9 months I've been watching my weight. I've never felt like I've been huge, fat, or obese but I figured I might as well be conscious of my weight. WeightWatchers says the target weight for my height and age should be 187. Hah! That is unlikely. My Body Mass Index (BMI) should be 18.5-24.9 but is currently at 28. To get my BMI down to 24.9 I'll have to get down to 194. I don't see it happening.

So what do I weigh? First let me tell you that a year ago I was topped out at 232. That is the heaviest I've ever weighed and hopefully ever will weigh. My current weight is 218.

How did I do it? No exercise was involved unfortunately. If I add that to the equation I will probably do better and be healthier. I've done it by eating less and eating better. The eating less is the hard part. Kathi is an amazing cook so it is hard to put the fork down on one of her fabulous meals. Not being a very disciplined person it is hard to say "enough" when I'm sitting at the table.

The exercise part is hard. I am soft and flabby but would like to be cut and firm. My heart is what needs the work most. Now that I'm 40 things like this pop into my head more often. I'd like to live long enough to walk Brianna down the aisle and to see Alex in his first major box office hit.

For now I will be content in my weight loss accomplishment thus far. My goal is to hit 210 and level out. 205 would be nice but donuts are so good.

2 comments:

Ashby said...

the Alex Show!

Kathi said...

I love you just the way you are!

Post a Comment