Sunday, December 07, 2008

Tree's Up

We put up our tree tonight.  After struggling with the ball of lights for almost a half an hour I finally chucked six strands because I'm not willing to go through and find the lone bulb causing the outage.  So the tree has fewer lights than I'd like but it still looks good.  The kids handled most of the ornaments with a little help from mom.
If you look at the TV in the background you'll see that we turned off the traditional Christmas music and put on a little Jim Gaffigan.  Kathi was remembering his bit about Christmas trees so we thought it would be fun to listen to him while decorating the tree.  It totally worked.  We laughed and giggled along with his jokes as we worked on the tree.  My kids will grow up with some unique memories of Christmas.  I mostly remember Bing Crosby singing while decorating the tree as a kid.
I've posted the video below so you can get a touch of Jim.  He is a funny guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment