Monday, November 15, 2010

Touch Me Once Shame On You


I'm in a quandary.

In January we are traveling to Hawaii. I want to go so bad I can taste it. The warm weather, clear water and a visit with my brother and sister-in-law. The perfect trifecta for a vacation. The problem is TSA.

I want safety in my travels. I want terrorist stopped. What I don't want is a nude image of me for anyone to see or my junk touched. More than that I don't want it for my wife and children. What I do want is the terrorist who want to do me, my family and my country harm stopped.

Where is the line? I don't like the full body scan, I don't like the genitals being touched and I surely don't like terrorists blowing things up. In the news there is much a do about what the TSA is doing, or touching for that matter and I'm not sure where I stand on it.

As technology changes and the terrorist become more bold our line of defense must follow suit. The TSA is a fledgling group who is in a Catch-22... damned if they do, damned if they don't. One guy gets all the media attention today because he doesn't want his junk touched but if the TSA missed one guy with a bomb strapped to his dick the whole of the country would come down on them. Where, as a country, do we stand? On privacy or security? In some circumstances I don't think you get both.

In order to protect my body against hernia's and cancer I'm willing to let a doctor grab me in places only me wife is allowed to touch. Am I willing to let some no-named security officer do the same so I can go to Hawaii? I'm thinking about it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a topic I have been thinking about this morning since I fly out of PDX towards Africa on FRIDAY. Current preference is the x-ray machine, because the groping can get pretty thorough and awkward. Unless there is some creep behind the x-ray monitor...

Matt said...

Uh...I flew to LA last month, and no one got anywhere close to my family jewels...?

Luke of Hazard said...

If you prefer to travel naked does that exempt you?

abo-bder said...

شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الي الامارات-دبي
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات

شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات

Post a Comment