Friday, February 25, 2005

Kid Heaven, Parent Hell

Last night I went to adult hell, a place were calm and peace and silence cannot exist, a place called Chuck E. Cheese (CEC).

If there was an opposite to a sensory deprivation tank it is CEC. It is a place of constant noise and stimulation and my kids love it. It reminds me of the tunnel in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (side note: I am looking forward to Tim Burton's remake).

I chased my three and a half year old son through the maze of games and lights in the search for mega quantities of prize coupons for what seemed like eternity. He had to touch and play everything. He even turned the Skeeball game into pitching practice. In the end he was excited to turn his coupons in for a little piece of candy. My daughter and her friends ran around giggling like little school girls. There were not enough tolkens in all the CEC's of America to satisfy their lust for the prize coupons.

My kids slept well last night.

In the end it is proof that a parent will go to hell and back for their kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment