Saturday, April 07, 2007

Good Friday

Since I was about 20 I've thought about getting a tattoo. I think this was an appropriate tattoo to get done on Good Friday.
For our 15th wedding anniversary this year my wife and I planned to skydive and get tattoo's. We are half way there. She has hers and I have mine. The skydiving will come in May or June.

This is only 24 hours old so the redness will fade away in a few days.
Questions I've been asked so far and my answers:
1. Who designed it? I did. The cross, flowers, and skull are my idea and the radiance around the cross are Mikki's (the tattoo artist). I gave her a drawn rendition and she redrew it.
2. Why a skull? The skull represents Golgatha (the hill of the skull) on which Christ was crucified. Plus it is just cool to have a skull tattoo.
3. Did it hurt? Yes.
4. Will you get another? Probably.
5. What is your next tattoo going to be? Can't say yet. It is still in the works. But it will be on my left arm.
Questions not asked yet and the answers:
1. What's with the flowers? They represent the new life gained through Christ's death on the cross. The reason that there is three in one plant is that they represent my wife and two kids. Kind of a double meaning thing going on.
2. Where did you have it done? At Black Hole Tattoo Parlor and the work was done by Mikki. She was awesome. Made me comfortable and was just an all around sweet person.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Sweet tat, my friend!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty hardcore.

Sarah said...

You guys are funny. I like yours, but I think I like Kathi's even more.

Post a Comment