Saturday, August 25, 2007

Our trip is coming to a close. Today we are in Rockford, IL and enjoyed a fun water park with the kids. Tomorrow we are off to Chicago. We'll visit Willow Creek for worship and then kill some time before our flight at 7:30.

Last night we had a nice dinner with some good friends of my in-laws. The dinner was interrupted by a phone call from my sister letting me know that my mom was in a bicycle accident and broke her hip. She is doing okay. She had surgery today and the reports are good. It is hard to be so far away and feeling a little useless. My sister hung with my dad during the surgery (thanks Mo) which helped my comfort my dad. My mom will get out of the hospital in a few days. Any and all prayers for her are appreciated.
Work starts back up Monday even though I feel like I'll need another week to recuperate from the trip we've had.
Here are some fun photos from the trip so far. The pictures from St. Louis were taken during a visit to my sisters house in Belleville, Il. Thanks Jen, Natalie and Nathaniel for a fun visit. We miss you guys already. And Jen, we will be practicing our Catan. Watch out next time.


The Gateway to the West.


Sweet hats courtesy of Natalie (my niece)

The kiddos at the Arch.

Me and my protege.

The kids at Grampa's playhouse.

At the St. Louis zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment