Monday, November 10, 2008

Thread Count vs. Weight

I love it when it is cold.  Especially at night.  We keep our window open a crack to let the cold in.

The other night I heard an interview with a celebrity who talked about how his success has earned him a better thread count in his sheets.  I for one couldn't tell you what our thread count is in our sheets.  To me thread count is unimportant.  What is important is weight.  Not thread weight but overall sheet, blanket, and covers weight.

Call it some Freudian "want to be back in the womb" thing if you want but I love it when it is cold and I can pile on the weight.  The more the better.  You know the lead apron they put on you at the dentist when taking x-rays?  Well I love that part.  For all I care they can leave that on the whole time.  Maybe next time I'll ask them to.

So take your silky sheets and high thread count and give me the heavy weight of piled on blankets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say, "I'm with ya" and "I feel ya"... but both of those expressions have odd associations considering the topic of discussion

No, but seriously, I agree. I like coldness, enough that it makes you want more blankets. I also sleep better breathing relatively cold (though not freezing) air. The best is out in nature, backpacking. Oh yeah! I love that crisp air!

I also like the type of sheets that are cold at first when you get under them (not the flannel ones). You move your feet around to find a new cold spot when you have warmed one up... for some reason I like that whole experience.

The word I had to type in the word verification box was "unses". Just in case you wanted to know. I think it means something. Let's contemplate it for a while... or not.

Kathi said...

That's funny, Phil, because I always crawl into bed saying that I wish we had an electric blanket just to warm up the sheets before I get in.

Brian's with you, though. He likes the cold sheets.

Linger said...

Uggh. I'm a lightweight comparatively. I could sleep with jsut a sheet, even with the window cracked. Laura, on the otherside of the bed, is in total agreement with you, Brian.

Post a Comment