Sunday, February 19, 2006

Kids Say...

Back in the late 50's Art Linkletter wrote a book titled "Kids Say The Darndest Things!". I am here to say that 50+ years later they still do... say the darndest things that is.

Kathi started writing down some of the treasured words from our children's mouth in a small binder we keep on our counter. Today I would like to share some of those precious moments with you. Some are touching and some are outright funny.

Alex (3) to me: "You're my best friend" later the same day to Kathi "You're my best friend" the next day to Brianna "Can I hit you with this?"

Alex (3): "I need socks on so my feelings don't hurt"

Brianna (7): "They're using two hours of our precious kid time" to Kathi about going to kids choir rehearsal.

Kathi found Brianna in bed crying and she said: "Mom, I had so much fun being seven that I don't think I want to be eight."

Brianna (now 8) to Alex (now 4): "I feel left out. I think dad feels left out too." Alex: "I want to feel too."

Brianna to Alex: "If you don't stop I won't play with you for the rest of the week." Alex: "Until we go with God?" Brianna: "No!" Alex: "Will you still play with me when we go with God?"

Alex after a flight to Chicago: "Mom, when we went above the clouds we didn't see Jesus on the airplane."

Brianna praying before bed: "Dear God, thank you for Johnny Depp." We had just watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that night.

Kathi's mom (Noni) talking to the kids this past Christmas morning - Brianna: "How did Santa know I wanted this?" Noni: "Well, did you ask Santa for it?" Brianna: "Yes." Noni: "Well, you asked Santa for it so he brought it to you. That's how Santa is." Alex: "Then where's my motorcycle?"

Alex: "Noni, guess what? I know my directions." Noni: "You do?" Alex: "Yeah! North, South, left, and right."

Alex to me: "I want to grow up to be like you."

I'll end with that one for now... more to come later... they are still kids after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment