Sunday, April 16, 2006

He Is Risen!

Today is Resurrection Day... or Easter if you will. In Christendom there is no more meaning full celebration as it is by this event that we receive our hope.

Isaiah 53:11 says "After the suffering of his soul, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities."

I am hopeful today because I know that Christ bore my iniquities, that he died for me, and that the hope of tomorrow lies in what he did for me on the cross. As I read this story in the gospels I am reflective on what this means to me. I am fully undeserving of his Salvation. I continue to do the things that separate me from God, the things that I hate to do, living in the selfishness of man yet Christ's blood washes me clean.

As Isaiah predicted what Jesus would have to endure, the books of the New Testament make a promise of what is yet to come. Jesus will return and dwell among us.

Revelation 21:3-4 says "And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them, and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.'"

My hope lies in this. The struggles of today will pass forever.

Thank you Lord for your promises that we can lie our hopes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment