Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sweet Concert

I’ve paid my dues -
Time after time -
I’ve done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I’ve made a few
I’ve had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I’ve come through
We are the champions - my friends
And we’ll keep on fighting - till the end -

Just got in from seeing Queen with Paul Rodgers at the Rose Garden. My neighbor had an extra ticket. How sweet it was.

Old as they may be they still can play. Brian May hasn't lost a lick, or an inch of hair. Paul Rodgers did an excellent job. They mixed in some Queen with a little Bad Company for a pleasant mix of the classics.

Although they didn't sing one of my favorites, Killer Queen, they did do enough of the good stuff to take me back. Could have used a little Stone Cold Crazy too.

For Bohemian Rhapsody they used Freddie's voice and video footage for 3/4 of the song and then Paul took over for the rest. It was a touching tribute to the man behind the song. We Will Rock You shook the entire building. We Are The Champions closed it out.

It's late and I've got to go to work in the AM. Good night.

...any where the wind blows.

No comments:

Post a Comment