Monday, January 01, 2007

Here We Go Again

Wow, it's 2007. Soon it will be 2019. That's right 2019 is right around the corner. Remember the movie Blade Runner. Of course you do. It is set in 2019 and is Ridley Scott's early 80's vision of the future. It was on AMC tonight. I watched the first hour and a half. I doubt very much that Los Angeles in 2019 is going to look like what is portrayed in the movie.

It is fun to watch old Sci-Fi to see what concepts of the future existed in the past. Yeah, maybe there will be flying cars and androids so life-like they look human, maybe. Probably not in 2019 but in the future sometime. What there won't be is their crappy idea of computer monitors, pay phones, the lack of cell phones, and blended languages. If you have no idea what I am talking about, you haven't seen this masterpiece. And you should. A great flick.

What do I expect in 2007? I'm not sure. I don't make resolutions out loud. I've got a few tucked away in my head. They are the ones that have resided there since I weighed 205 lbs. and skied like a banshee.

I do know that I love to look to the future and imagine what it could be. That is the one time I am able to put away my pessimistic views and fill my cup to the brim. Dreaming is easy for me. With that said one resolution I will speak out load is that I long to increase and use my creativity. How? That is yet to be decided.

Here's to another year marker. Here's to the plans we have and the future God has laid out for us. Here's to you, me, and the people that we will influence for a lifetime. May God bless 2007. And may the flying car come sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment