Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Preacher Man

A while ago our pastor Justin asked if I would do one of the sermons at the men's retreat in March. I said yes. Without hesitation. Without really thinking about what that meant. Yikes. What did I get myself into. Now I'm all sweaty and nervous and self conscious and... and... deep breath. Breath in - Breath out. Kegels. Clear the mind. Firm up the core. One more breath, in through the nose, exhale through the mouth. Aannnndd okay. Phew.

I'm okay now. Colossians 3:1-4. I must get to know this verse:

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

And since it starts with a Since, then, I'll have to get to know the verses before it to.

Got to go study. And pray. Big.

3 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

Good for you! I'm glad that Justin is providing this opportunity for some guys to do this.

Jennifer said...

You're all over this! Focus on what the Lord has for you to say and you'll be fabulous!

Pastor Tom said...

Brian,

You are going to be awesome! I'm glad that you are strecthing out to do this...

I got your message just today, and I think you're at church right now. But I'd love to grab lunch or something. Call me again, or I'll try you tomorrow.

Post a Comment