Sunday, June 24, 2007

Apocalypto

I stayed up late last night and watched Mel Gibson's Apocalypto. I just start out by saying that this is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I didn't recognize a single face on the screen or understand a single word that was spoken and I still liked it.

The movie is subtitled so be prepared to read.

This movie was a combination of Gladiator and The Last of the Mohicans. The violence is brutal. The scenery is amazing. The camera work is genius, especially during the final chase scene. And the actors take you back a few hundred years and make you believe you are watching a documentary.

If this movie and The Passion of the Christ are examples of what Gibson is capable of creating I look forward to more of his work behind the camera.

3 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

Thanks for the review! I suppose this means that it is out on video now. I'll have to go rent it. OR you could bring it tonight and let me borrow it! :)

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU. I've been trying to convince Ciara to watch this movie, but she does not seem too excited about it. I want to see it.

Anonymous said...

i aggree that the movie is good, though i think it is better in retrospect, it's easier to think beyond the gore after the movie's over

Post a Comment