Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Do Over

Have you ever wanted to just start over? Just move away to another place and start over. New job, new house, new neighbors, new friends... you know witness protection sort of start over.

Years ago my sister in-law and her husband did it. They moved from Illinois to Hawaii. As a matter of fact I did it too nine years ago. It was refreshing. A little nerve racking but refreshing nonetheless. Hawaii sounds nice.

I don't know what is bringing this on. It is just a thought. Or is it? If you get a change of address notice for us you'll know the answer.

4 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

If it were not for my upcoming sabbatical, I think I'd be tempted to do this once the house sells.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I have been there for a little while. I agree, Hawaii sounds really nice. The main thing keeping me here though is that my lovely wife wouldn't dream of leaving and her family would probably start sending me hate mail and looking into hit men.

Not quite that far, but it would probably be tempting. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one wrestling with these type of feelings.

I think the witness protection analogy perfectly describes my feelings. I appreciate it when other people can describe my feelings better than I can, so thanks for that.

Paulos said...

I've thought about transferring to Israel maybe live there for 2 years.

Post a Comment