Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Dream Theater

Yesterday was the release date for Dream Theater's new album Systematic Chaos.

Today I bought it. I actually bought the Special Edition which includes a bonus DVD. The best part about the bonus DVD is the addition of the whole album in 5.1 surround sound which is currently playing on my stereo system. So sweet.

I may have said this before and I'll say it again... Dream Theater is amazing.

So far the album does not disappoint. They carry on with the same virtuoso playing they've always had. Tight as ever. The track "Constant Motion" sounds like a tribute to Metallica; sounding much like "Battery" from the Master of Puppets album.

This past week I've had the pleasure of borrowing a friends copy of the Score DVD. This is a concert celebrating their 20 years together. It was the last concert of the Octavarium tour which took place at Radio City Music Hall. Half the concert was just the band and the other half they were joined by an orchestra. This DVD is just awesome and is high on my want list (My birthday is in July).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go buy this. I need a distraction.

Jon said...

Brian-

Watched nearly the entire two disc DVD you let me borrow. UNREAL. I'd love to get it cranked up over at our house with a decent sound system and a projector. Lemme know!

Post a Comment