Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Endless E-Mail

So far this month I have received 385 emails at work. This does not include spam which is filtered by our server and I never see it. Since today is the 13th and there has been 8.5 working days so far that is 45.3 emails per day. People come on really now stop it. This is ridiculous. I spend my day chasing things down in order to respond only to get another email response back asking for something more.

I know sometimes email is easy and quick but many times it is unnecessary. I have one person who sends me emails where the subject line is the whole email. Puhlease. Couldn't you just call me or instant message me with that? Are you trying to CYA so you send an email you can save in a secret file only to be pulled out later just to show you sent it?

Then there are the email threads where my name is in the CC so I get all 88 of the back-n-forths between all parties. I have no power to remove myself from those so I end up shortening the life of my delete button by hitting it with excessive force just to make myself feel a little better.

On the CC note, I also hate getting emails from somebody and seeing others CC'd on it. Okay sometimes I understand this, but most of the time I don't. Why did you CC Joe Schmo who doesn't have jack to do with this? Why? Is he part of some secret information society or a junky who must know everything.

UGH.

What did we do before email? Talk? Eww, that would be awful (let me pull my tongue out of my cheek).

No comments:

Post a Comment