Sunday, November 25, 2007

Guitar Hero

Recently I had a conversation with some young people about the latest video game craze Guitar Hero. If you are unfamiliar with Guitar Hero it is a game that is played on a video console and the controller is a plastic guitar with five colored buttons on the neck and a strum bar on the body. The object is to match the colored button and strum on the screen which in turn is playing to a popular guitar song. If you've played Dance Dance Revolution or are at least familiar with the concept, it is the same idea but using your hands and a toy guitar instead of your feet.

The main part of the discussion was based upon a comment my brother-in-law made: "You can spend hours playing this game or you can spend hours learning to play a real guitar." Yes! Exactly. The youngsters had been surfing YouTube to watch some of the Guitar Hero superstars do their thing. I decided to show them a real Guitar Hero.

I leave it up to you to decide.

Do you want to be this???


Or this???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You old man.

Brian said...

Okay smarty pants. Imagine where your drumming would be if you only played on a computer game. You'd probably sound like Ringo or Alex VanHalen (my two least favorite drummers by the way). AND... my point was directed to you misguided kids and all the time you waste on video games... so thhppp!

Anonymous said...

Hey...if I wasn't a serious drummer, I'd probably really enjoy playing drums on Rock Band. I don't know if people who spend a lot of time playing that game actually really care all that much about being stellar musicians.

Post a Comment