Sunday, November 04, 2007

Weekend Stuff

I wouldn't categorize this weekend as one of the best in my life but it was a good one. I accomplished some things. Not a lot of things mind you but enough that made me feel like I did something other than lay around and recuperate from a busy week.

Accomplishments:
  • Finished reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets to my kids. As a celebration we stayed up late and watched the movie.
  • Changed the brake pads and rotated the tires on my car. This only took 20 minutes which made me proud. It used to take forever. I also did it without referring to the Chilton book I own. Plus I save a bunch of money doing it myself. Yeah for saving money.
  • Read a book. I Sold My Soul on eBay - Hemant Mehta. I will be honest and say that I did not read the last chapter and a half, I only skimmed them. I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. He was predictable and repetitive. It bugged me that he felt like he needed to remind the reader, as if we were numb in the brain, that he is an Athiest. Duh. Tell us once and we'll remember that especially since it is in the subtitle of your book.
  • Bought the new Vince Flynn book - Protect and Defend and started reading it. I'll be done soon. He's one of my favorite purveyors of mind candy.
  • Knocked my wifes last high score off the Bejeweled top scores for the Action level. You've now got to get a million points to even get on the list. Take that! (I'm not at all competitive - right Daniel)
  • Bought a battery for my bike along with a trickle charger to keep it fresh through the winter.
Minor as the seem it made my weekend feel complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment