Friday, November 02, 2007

November

I love November. Often known only as the month that contains Thanksgiving November is probably considered a lesser month. For me that is not the case. November brings on the cold. I like the cold. Bundling up, layering, turning up the heat, using extra blankets, slippers... all these are good things.

This morning I had to scrape the frozen dew off my windshield. Brrr! It was cold, yet oddly refreshing. This is a ritual that I will participate in for the next few months as my car in not pampered with its own garage.

There is not a cloud in the extra blue autumn sky. The shadows are deep and long. The crisp air holds my breath for a fleeting moment before returning to chill my lungs. Perfect.

November also brings the hope of snow. Although we don't get that much here it is still fun to hope for and still more fun to get. I hope that this year is a big snow year. Lots and lots of the fluffy white stuff that brings joy to all of us with the little kid still dwelling in our hearts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me help a little...Prestone...it sprays on and defrost your windows.. not sure what if anything it does to the ozone..but it is a nice "icebreaker" in the morning!

Post a Comment