Friday, April 18, 2008

Parks & Gardens

Last night I went and celebrated 'tone's upcoming nuptials with the boys at Stub Stewart State Park. Thanks to Luke who put it all together we had a great safe time.

One thing I learned on this outing was that Anthony doesn't like condiments. This was unfortunate for him. Let's serve up a cup of Mayo/Relish stuff... He didn't hold that down long.

Dinner was Chili. A random concoction of Luke's creation with the input of others whether he knew it or not. All of the ingredients were put into a Dutch Oven and then it was placed in the coals of the fire. Yummy.

After dinner and some guy banter and goofing off it became dark. Dark doesn't stop boys. We ran off to a nearby "field" and played some capture the flag. I am old. Period. That is what the game taught me.

We stayed in a few cabins for the night and left too early in the am. It was a vacation day and I was woke up before eight. That is wrong. So I packed it up and headed home.

That brings us to today. Our kids homeschool group had a field trip to the Japanese Gardens in Portland. It was a bit chilly for the outing but as good Oregonians we toughed it out. I love the garden. I just wish it was warmer so we could just sit and enjoy.

Here's a couple of my favorite pix from the day:

If this tree ever comes up missing I hope they don't check my backyard ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment