Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Movie Top Ten - Actors in a Leading Role

There are a number of actors (male) that I love and will see in just about any kind of movie.  I'm going to share my top ten.

These are not tabloid-junky stars.  These are men of the screen and I love their movies.  They have classic faces, memorable roles, and have stood the test of time.

Clint Eastwood - This man puts the 'man' in manly. With the exception of Pink Cadillac, I'd sit down for just about any Eastwood flick anytime.

Denzel Washington - Happens to be my wife's favorite guy. I am really looking forward to his upcoming movie The Book of Eli.  One of my favorites of his is Man on Fire.

Gene Hackman - The intensity he can bring to bear on the screen is amazing. Sometimes you just love to hate his character which makes him just brilliant.

Michael Caine - Hello. Don't need to say much about this guy. One thing I'll say is that his voice helped put him on this list. I love to hear him talk.

Gene Wilder - Two things put Mr. Wilder on the list - his comic genius and the love he had for his wife, the late Gilda Radner.

Bruce Willis - Say what you want but I love his movies.

Christopher Walken - Hey, he's crazy and scares the heck out of me. What's not to like?

Alan Rickman - From his first scene in Die Hard I knew I'd like this guy. When he brought Snape to life in the Harry Potter movies he confirmed his spot on this list.

James Woods - He's smug, arrogant, and a bit cocky. So. That's why I like him.

Gary Oldman - Last but certainly not least. If I have to explain why he's on the list you've never seen one of his movies. If you haven't start with Leon (aka The Professional)

No comments:

Post a Comment