Monday, March 29, 2010

Indiana Brian

I didn’t sleep well last night. The wind was blowing, my wife was wandering around the room and my muscles were sore from my first road run in a long time. The one thing I did last night well was dream, long detailed crazy dreams.

The dream I remember most clearly was one of complete fantasy and fiction. There was a team of us SCUBA diving in a cavern. Our first discovery was a highly detailed stairwell chiseled into the stone of the cavern floor. My first thought was that the water wasn’t always there if there were stairs. Duh. We followed the stairs down to the bottom which ended at a small opening that was barely big enough for someone to fit through. The team leader (I assume this since he went first) squeezed through the opening and I followed. My mind was racing with the fear of getting trapped in the opening and drowning. I passed through without much effort and ended up on an ornate room filled with wonders.

The whole team came through the opening into the room and we stood in awe of what we saw. I say we were standing because there was no longer water. I don’t know where it went, it was just one of those dream changes that isn’t explainable. The four of us began to look around at the objects in the room. They all appeared to be really old artifacts from either Mayan or Egyptian history. The room was huge. Most of the objects in the room were made of stone with ornate metal decorations. I distinctly remember one blue vase of about 4’ in height that had a silver décor. I remember thinking that if I could I would take this with me. The majority of the dream took place in this room.

There was one large stone block that must have been over 20’ tall that kept moving. It was at the end of the room and was the centerpiece of all the objects in the room. We speculated that the water, which was not longer there, was making it move. Only in a dream, right?

We removed covers of the sarcophagus’ to reveal shriveled up bodies or piles of dust. What I remember about these tombs was that they were all small. The covers on them had dark metal decoration and weren’t as ornate as some of the other objects like the blue jar.

Then we were running. We were setting off traps that shot metal arrows through the room. Our leader had a crossbow and was firing at targets that released a barrage of these arrows as we ran through a long corridor. This was very Indiana Jones like. I don’t think anyone was ever hit by the arrows.

Dream ends.

I can’t explain it, I just dream it. What took place felt like hours, in reality it probably took seconds.

The only thing I can think of in regards to the meaning of the dream is that it was God confirming my adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment