Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bauma Trade Show

Munich, Gemany - Bauma Trade Show.

My flight made it just fine. The ash couldn't stop me!

Our booth is a bit on the boring side at the show so I am choosing not to show it to you. Instead I will show you our neighbors who are helping us through the slow times. The two young ladies are from the Czech Republic and love practicing their English on us. They also have been supplying us with coffee and bier. The bier is a local bier from their city and it is quite delicious.

The gentleman in the photo is from Moscow and is fun to speak with. Fortunately his English is excellent because by Russian is nonexistent. He likes to talk politics and get my take on Obama and the healthcare debate. He didn't really have a position, he just wanted to hear mine.

Tonights dinner was traditional German food, pizza and bier. Yummy!

We ate outside in the courtyard of the local mall next to the trade center the show is held in. The servers were from Italy so it made our experience all the more authentic. The bier was a white bier (Hefewiezen), made by a local Munich company Paulander, and went very well with the pizza.

That's all I've got the time and energy for tonight. I've got to get to bed so I'll be ready for the last day of the show tomorrow.

Gute Nacht

3 comments:

Trade Show Displays said...

Good luck at the rest of the show. It looks like whatever booth is pictured there did a good job of marketing. Munich always puts on a great show!

Kathi said...

Is pizza the traditional German food? Miss you and love you!

Brianna said...

Hey Dad! That pizza looks good! It would have been cool to talk to the Russian guy. Are you having a good time? I miss you!

Brianna

Post a Comment