Tuesday, May 09, 2006

30 Sugar-Free Days

Today is day 31. No sugar, that is processed sugar, for 30 days.

Was it easy? In a certain way it was. Am I running to the candy jar? By no means. My intention is to limit my intake from here forward. I've lost a couple pounds over the last month which is a beneficial side effect of not eating sugar laden sweets. But the true benefit is that I have proven to myself that I am not a slave to the sweets. Sugar does not own this boy.

Tonight as a celebratory act I will be making some chocolate chip cookies. A modified Toll House recipe that I have been using for years. It's all about the butter... if the butter is just right the cookies come out perfect.

Next... cutting out TV for a month. Now that is a challenge. I am cheating a little because I refuse to start unit this seasons shows have ended. And I haven't decided if this will include movie rentals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats...on being an uncle (again) AND on being sugar-free for 30 days!!

Post a Comment