Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A Little Help

Today I had lunch with a new friend. I had to buy since I mistakenly thought the Ducks could beat the Beavers in a little football game known as the Civil War.

Lunch was good. We ate, we talked, all the normal stuff that happens at lunch. So I thought...

After lunch I hopped in the old Camry to head back to the office. As I checked my review mirror I took a look at myself. There it was. How long had it been there? Did my friend notice? Why didn't he say something? A little boogie was peeking out to say hi. I guess I don't blame him. We haven't known each other that long. Maybe he was too embarrassed. His choice, he was the one that had to look at it.

Is it different to tell somebody they've got a little boogie in their nose than it is to tell them they've got some lettuce in their teeth? Or is it more like telling somebody that their fly is down? You don't want to tell them because it's admitting you looked there.

I write this to tell you all that you have my direct permission to point out a boogie, a gaping fly, or a piece of lettuce. I won't be offended or hurt or embarrassed; just thankful. Thankful that you will be the last to see it before I remedy the sitch thus freeing others from the responsibility to expose or snicker at the slight faux pax.

2 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

Yeah, I saw that last night, but didn't know what to say.

Just kidding!

Paulos said...

the best time to tell someone their fly is down (weather or not it is true) is the usher, when they walk by and everyone is looking at them.

Post a Comment