Sunday, November 26, 2006

Spam

Who is it that responds to spam emails? Who is it that is making it worth somebodies while to send out this irritant? I need to know!

I get these emails in every one of my email boxes no matter how hard I try to keep that email from getting public. Somebody out there is to blame.

I get spam that ranges from stock tips and mortgage rates to Nigerian princesses needing a place to stash money and pervs looking for the next sucker to visit their sick little world. I get it everyday and I'll probably keep on getting it because somebody out there opens these and responds which makes it worth the time for the spammer to keep creating these and sending them out.

Or is this the case? Or is it some belligerent angry postal worker who sees the Internet and its free email as a threat to their position of power in this world. A Newmanesque character who has taken it upon themselves to put into the greatness and ease of email a bug or irritant that will drive people back to the arcane slow world of what is now known as snail-mail. It could be. I may be on to something.

If it was up to me I'd take all the spammers in the world and put them on an island that has its own intranet with no access to the Internet. This way they can only spam each other. It would be a life sentence. There would be bread and water and all the computer access they could possibly want. Yes. Spam Hell. No chance of parole.

No comments:

Post a Comment