Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Jungle

First of all I need to thank Kev for the sweet tix. Thanks Kev. The show was sweet.

Last night I got to take a fellow rocker friend to see Guns N' Roses at the Rose Garden. Yes, GNR. Really it was Axl Rose with a whole new band but the songs were the same and they are calling themselves Guns N' Roses so it is what it is. We were sitting in the luxury boxes which was extra cool.

Helmet was the first band to start the show followed by Sebastian Bach (of Skid Row fame). They both rocked. I wasn't too familiar with Helmets songs but I knew most of Bach's. The place went crazy for him. One odd note was that his guitarist looked like a resurrected Dimebag Darrell.

GNR opened with Welcome to the Jungle. Of course. The lights, the video, and the fireworks all added to the fun. The musicians were awesome. One guy blew me away at the end with a guitar solo on a fretless guitar. Fretless I Said! That dude had skilz. The guitar solo's were plentiful. Axl's voice held up as well as could be expected for a guy who's been elsewhere for about 10 years. Welcome back buddy, you did awesome. Even his dancing (if you can call it that) was the same as it was in the glory days of Appetite.

I am too tired to really write a decent post about this. I didn't get home until almost 3am and was up early to go to work. It was hard enough to get up after drinking water and eating chips so I can't imagine what the guys in front of me were like after the constant flow of beer they had. At $6 a pop I can't imagine what their bill was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang man, why did you get home so late?

Post a Comment