Sunday, December 10, 2006

Accents

Do you have an accent?

When I was in Australia a few months ago I was told that I have an accent. I speak to people all over the world everyday, believe me I don't have one, they do. Especially here in America, I am without accent.

Check it out:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland
Boston
North Central
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The South
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

3 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

When I used to travel all the time for work, I noticed that the urban areas 'had no accent' where the rural areas usually did. The only exception to this pattern was Boston.

Kathi said...

I came out with a Midland accent, which makes sense since I'm from Illinois. It also said that it's the same as not having an accent. Though, I've always been told that I have a "Chicago" accent - whatever that means.

It did say that I have a good TV and radio voice. Maybe I should look into that!

Sarah said...

I scored the same as you. Imagine that. Have you ever met someone with their own accent? I mean someone who speaks differently with no geographical association. It's kind of weird.

Post a Comment