Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Kids & Candy

Last night our small group visited a childrens center to play with the kids and make Gingerbread Houses. We had a blast. The truth is they were Graham Cracker Houses, but I figured you'd better understand what we were making by calling them... ah nevermind, you get it.

I sat at a table with four kids; Bree, Greg, Devon, and Annie from Albania. She was really from Albania and quite the comedianne. She reminded me of a young, female Mr. Bean. Bree was a twin who's sister lived in Bandon. Greg and Devon were all boy. Next to eating the candy construction was priority. They all did great.

The kids had a blast. Especially after I told them they could eat as they created. Let's just say more made it to the mouth than the house. Annie kept feeding candy to Bree. I felt sorry for the leaders who got to take the kids after we were done. Sugar highs to the max.

I reserved my creative skills to assist the girls with the engineering side of the creation. In other words I helped keep the walls up. By the end of the evening the kids were hyped up and happy and the adults were pleased to see the smiles on the faces of satisfied children.

I want to give a shout out the the workers who do this 24/7. Major Blessing to all of you. Thank you for letting us come in and share for a while.

1 comment:

Dave Ketah said...

I'm glad it worked out well. I wish I would have been there!

Post a Comment