Friday, February 02, 2007

Alive & Well

Yesterday my wife called me at work saying that my daughter (9) had a bad dream about me and wanted to talk to me about it. The phone call went like this:

B - "Hi Daddy"

Me - "Hi Sweetheart, I am sorry you had a bad dream"

B - "I dreamed that you moved to Africa"

Me - "Oh sweety, I'd never move to Africa without you"

B - "I know, but in my dream you did"

A little more father/daughter banter before my wife gets back on the phone.

Me - "She said I moved to Africa without her"

Wife - "That's all! She said you died"

Me - "Put her back on"

B - "Dad.... you were eaten by a lion"

Me - "Oh? So I moved to Africa then I was eaten by a lion?"

B - "Yes, and when I woke up my pillow was wet from crying so much"

I want to assure all of you that I am alive and well. I have no plans to travel to Africa anytime soon. However, much to the surprise of my coworkers my wife and I plan to skydive for our 15th anniversary in May! Sahweet!!! More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment