Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tamborine Man

Last night I had a dream, a weird dream. This in itself is a normal occurance, the weird dream that is. However, it is how it ended that made it special.

I was dreaming that Kathi and I were visiting a church. When we got their the lady who was leading worship asked us to help out. We were glad to. We were both handed tamborines since it was an all tamborine worship set (Paul?). She started out with her tamborine at her feet just tapping it lightly. Kathi and I held ours out shaking them. After a glance in our direction from the worship leader I started to tap mine in the middle. I tapped and tapped, harder and harder... then I woke up to Kathi poking me and John Mayer's "Waiting on the World to Change" on my alarm clock... boom boom-pah, boom boom-pah...

Strange how quickly an outside influence can affect your dreams.

3 comments:

Linger said...

Strange how it ties into Dylan's song too:

Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me,
I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to.
Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me,
In the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you.

Of course, if this song was on the radio that would have been eerie.

Kathi said...

Thanks Chris for the lyrics! I've been thinking about them all day. As soon as I read this post the song went into my head but I couldn't remember all of the words.

Linger said...

No prob. It's my job.

Post a Comment