Thursday, May 17, 2007

Home

Finally home. Tired. Pooped. Ready for some sleep.

After countless hours in the garbage (literally) of Mexico and taxi's from hell I'm finally home. It was a long and hard trip. When people hear that I was in Mexico they get excited. They need not be. It was work. Hard work and long hours and little sleep and... and... time to rest. There were no white sandy beaches with Margarita's and fish tacos. Only work. I'm not looking for sympathy, just painting reality. I am glad to do these trips as it gives me good experience and helps me do my job better. It's just nice when they are over.

Okay so not much rest yet. It is Brianna's birthday today and Alex's birthday tomorrow. Love you kiddo's and happy birthday to you both. Thanks for the warm welcome home. We are going to Mt. St. Helen's tomorrow with the home school group. I'll rest after that.

Something hit me as I departed the plane in Houston before heading off to Portland. America is the melting pot that I've always heard it is. In Mexico all I saw was Mexicans. No Asians, Africans, Arabs, Jews, Indians, or other ethnic groups. Only Mexicans. There was an occasional white but that was at either the hotel or the last customer I visited. Once I hit Houston I saw every ethnicity you can think of. Seriously what a great country we live in. The diversity is very exciting. Just an observation.

2 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

I can relate and sympathize with the work travel stuff.

A great country indeed!

Ashby said...

I know it is not fun to travel through a country so quickly and that you don't get to actually see the country, and that it's messy and dirty, etc, etc...but I am still jealous, because you got to fly, and leave the country, and...I am just jealous. : )

Glad you're home and safe and so forth.

Post a Comment