Sunday, July 01, 2007

Damn Noise

Pop, pop, pipity, pop!

That is all I am going to hear until midnight for the next week. Damn noise.

If I can't be the one making it I just get irritated. Damn noise.

Why do Oregon lawmakers make our firework restrictions so tight. Damn noise.

Why can't we have things that fly? Damn noise.

I want to light things up and shoot things like a real man does. Damn noise.

Why do we just get noise and petty sparks. It is just irritating. Damn noise.

Booms, streaks of fire, showers of fiery rain, explosions. Washington gets'em why can't we?

Damn the noise and give me fire.

4 comments:

Ashby said...

this is a very special poem, brian. very special.

i hate that people start 'celebrating' early. fireworks really should only be used on ONE DAY OF THE YEAR.

harumph.

Paulos said...

oh I didn't know it was a poem until ashby said so

Ashby said...

hahahahaha.

i don't know if it was or not. i was just being funny.

Anonymous said...

If you would like to come visit your sister in New Mexico you could enjoy some legal fireworks!! Kath

Post a Comment