Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dream World

A little bit ago I posted a dream I had that was very vivid and disturbing.  Thanks for the insight from those that posted responses.  Since then I have kept a journal of dreams that I remember in the morning.  When I wake up I take a shower then grab some coffee and sit with God for a bit and read his word.  Since God used dreams in the bible to speak to people I decided that I would add journaling my dreams to my time with Him in the morning.  I spend about 10 - 15 minutes writing our what I can remember from the nights journey into my subconscience depths.  I am amazed at what my head comes up with.  

Last night I shared the previous nights dream with Kathi and it had her laughing hard.  No, I won't be putting that one out for anyone to read.  As funny as it may have been, what was funny is also a bit embarrassing.  Sorry.

As I write them out I am amazed at what wanders through my mind at night and the clarity of what the mind creates.  Lately I have noticed that my mind creates places I have never been to and things that don't exist.  It is facinating how the mind works.  I've heard the statistic that our mind only uses 10% of its capability.  I wonder if my dream world is using the other 90% while I am sleeping.

As time goes on I will contemplate sharing the dreams that leave me with questions.  Until then I will dream on.

2 comments:

One Crazy Mama said...

Dream on Brian. These last 2 nights I have had odd dreams too. Both involve a huge fight with Josh's or my family & that Josh leaves me and takes the kids. Strange indeed........

Anonymous said...

Cool dude. I finally stopped being lazy and am using a proper blog/RSS reader (Google reader). I haven't been reading blogs much lately, but I think I'll change that. Look forward to hearing your stories.

Post a Comment