Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Obama Now Must Lose

I make no bones that I lean on the conservative side of politics.  I actually relate more to the Libertarians than I do the Republicans but only the Republicans have a viable candidate this election so I voted for McCain.  Yep.  Done, thanks to Oregon's mail in ballot.

Besides my leaning to the right I have another reason I'd like Obama to lose.  I don't like pre-win gloaters.  I keep hearing about the big bash that Obama's campaign is planning and it just rubs me wrong.  I know McCain's camp has something planned to but nobody is reporting on it.  Nobody is reporting on it because it is probably your standard run of the mill election night do-dad.  Obama's isn't.  It's going to be big.  Big like he's going to win.  What if he doesn't.  How embarrassing for him.  That's what I want to see.

It's like the football player celebrating before he reaches the goal line.  I want to see the Safety tag that guy at the one yard line and see him fumble.  It's like the bicyclist who raises his hands before he reaches the finish line and loses control of his bike.  That's a little sweet justice.  Bring a little humility to the prideful.  Take the egos down a notch.

The other thing is the big deal the media is making about Palin's wardrobe.  What did Obama's suits cost?  How about Biden's hair plugs and botox?  Obama's plane?  The fuel alone must be ridiculous.

1 comment:

chris lindgren said...

If Obama wins, he'll be the first African American elect--that's a big deal, methinks. Like you said, McCain has probably got something planned as well.

Regarding what the media covers: as you probably realize, (due to your frustration), major mass media just plainly doesn't get it. It's just another consumer product (and I'm sure I'm singing to the choir here). I suppose you could try switching to Fox news to get more dirt on Obama. ;-)

There was some sort of independent study that showed that people with higher IQs typically watched parady news coverage like the Daily Show or the Colbert Report. Frankly, those news "products" bash both sides enough for one to get a fairer look a the picture. (If you can aptly sift through sarcasm and BS!)

As a parting note, if you want to hear more about Obama's plane than you should also look at McCain's use of his wife's jet. I am jet set on the realization that there ain't ever gonna be a Savior up on Capitol Hill.

Post a Comment