Sunday, September 25, 2005

Calvin & Hobbes

I had a brief moment of excitement this weekend that quickly dissipated. The Oregonian has Calvin & Hobbes in it's comic section in this Sunday's paper. At first I thought Bill Watterson was pulling a Berkley Breathed and making a come back with his famous six year old and his stuffed tiger. Not so. The copyright on the comic is from 1993. Oh well, I'll still enjoy reading the classics.

If anyone knows of Mr. Watterson's where abouts or if by some God breathed miracle he happens to read this let him know his professional come back would be very welcomed and celebrated around the world.

~Personal note to Mr. Watterson - BRING BACK CALVIN, PLEASE!!!

On occasion I reach back into my collections of his work for entertainment, inspiration, and a nice laugh. That boy and his tiger always has a way to pick me up.

There are many people that just don't work enough these days. One in particular is Mike Myers. Not the scary guy from the Halloween movies, but the one of Wayne's World fame.

I know his last work wasn't the best (Cat in the Hat), so what we want back is the Mike Myers from "So I Married An Axe Murderer" fame. Word is Shrek 3 is in production so at least will get a small taste.

The other is Steve Guttenberg...

Just kidding, I actually mean Steve Martin. What is up funny man. Let's see something more, even if it is a "Three Amigos, part duex". Trains, Planes, and Automobiles was on the other night and I had to stop for a bit. He's magic on screen.

Strange how fickle our society and who we want to see or who we allow to entertain us. Hollywood probably works way harder that they need to to find new faces. There is nothing wrong with the old standby's. Note to Hollywood; allow your actors to reinvent themselves, to branch out and try new things. Maybe this will help keep them out of trouble, politics, or keep them from boating through flooded neighborhoods acting as if they are doing good a la Mr. Penn. Don't get me wrong, I love Sean Penn's work, but what an @$$ he looked like during the Katrina disaster. Leave the rescuing and reporting to the professionals.

Time to shut down and go watch the rest of "Sahara". I fell asleep during it last night. Partly because I was tired and partly because it was a little boring. I've been told the book is better, it always is. My personality demands that I watch the rest so a least I know what happens. This personality trait has cost me some hours in my life... "Napoleon Dynamite" (sorry Mo) "XXX, State of the Union" of recent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"vote for Pedro", eat some tater tots and drink some whole milk, but if all else fails you always have your numbchucks and chapstick.

Post a Comment